Global Startup Challenge 2021
During the submission phase of AkzoNobel’s second global startup challenge, we received an incredible amount of 245 submissions. From May 18 to July 20, they came from all over the world for each of our five challenge categories. We’re now closed for new submissions while the startups enrich their solutions with the help of our experts. In October, we’ll announce the selected participants who’ll be invited to a three-day bootcamp in November.
Join our ecosystem to see all the submissions we received.
- Sign up and create your profile on our collaborative platform
- Submit your solution to the challenge that fits with your solution
- Interact with experts and enrich your business
- At this stage we are closed for new submissions
- You can still adapt your submission and talk to our experts
- AkzoNobel experts start evaluating the proposals
- Solutions are evaluated by AkzoNobel experts and receive online feedback
- Selected participants are invited to the acceleration event in November
- Build the value proposition and your business model with our experts
- Prepare your final collaboration proposition
- The jury chooses solutions that fit best with the challenges
Startups selected during the collaboration event will receive a letter of intent
Define the collaboration agreement that fits best for the development of your solution
- Scale your solution and implement with AkzoNobel
Ready to bring surfaces to life?
AkzoNobel and TNW partnership
June 3, 2021
Connecting with passionate tech innovators is the goal of a new Paint the Future partnership between AkzoNobel and the “heart of tech”, TNW (The Next Web). The two companies will share the power of open innovation across their networks.
Autonomous painting drone
Apellix X AkzoNobel
Combining drones and painting? Tell us more! Apellix won a partnership agreement from AkzoNobel during the 2019 Paint the Future global startup challenge. Find out more about our collaboration on a custom-built spray painting drone.
Automated printing head
Qlayers X AkzoNobel
We can make the application of industrial coatings better, safer and more efficient – and we’re doing just that with Qlayers, a winner of the 2019 Paint the Future global startup challenge. Find out more about our collaboration on an automated printing head.