Global Startup Challenge 2021
The Paint the Future global startup challenge has invited 10 selected finalists to take part in a three-day bootcamp taking place in Amsterdam March 22-24. The startups and AkzoNobel experts will meet face-to-face to explore potential collaborations together.
- Sign up and create your profile on our collaborative platform
- Submit your solution to the challenge that fits with your solution
- Interact with experts and enrich your business
- At this stage we are closed for new submissions
- You can still adapt your submission and talk to our experts
- AkzoNobel experts start evaluating the proposals
- Solutions are evaluated by AkzoNobel experts and receive online feedback
- Selected participants are invited to the acceleration event in November
- Build the value proposition and your business model with our experts
- Prepare your final collaboration proposition
- The jury chooses solutions that fit best with the challenges
Startups selected during the collaboration event will receive a letter of intent
Define the collaboration agreement that fits best for the development of your solution
- Scale your solution and implement with AkzoNobel
Smart manufacturing and supply chain
Meet the jury members
Ready to bring surfaces to life?
Paint the Future bootcamps are full of energy and highly stimulating, and I’m really looking forward to meeting these motivated entrepreneurs in person,” says Klaas Kruithof, AkzoNobel’s Chief Technology Officer and Chair of the Paint the Future jury.
245 submissions from around the world
September 15, 2021
The initial phase of our Paint the Future global startup challenge saw an incredible 245 innovative solutions from 62 different countries.
AkzoNobel and TNW partnership
June 3, 2021
Connecting with passionate tech innovators is the goal of a new Paint the Future partnership between AkzoNobel and the “heart of tech”, TNW (The Next Web). The two companies will share the power of open innovation across their networks.
Automated printing head
Qlayers X AkzoNobel
We can make the application of industrial coatings better, safer and more efficient – and we’re doing just that with Qlayers, a winner of the 2019 Paint the Future global startup challenge. Find out more about our collaboration on an automated printing head.