Challenges 2019 timeline
How does it work?
During the live phase from January 8 to March 8, we invited startups and scale-ups to submit solutions related to the specific challenge areas via our collaborative platform. On the platform, our experts collaborated with the participants to explore potential collaboration opportunities. The 20 most promising submissions will be invited as finalists to join our three-day accelerator program where they will collaborate with AkzoNobel experts and business leaders. AkzoNobel will then work together with the selected winners on sustainable business opportunities.
What are the benefits for you?
We’re now closed for submissions.
We would still like to invite you to join our platform as a member, connect with our experts there and check out all the great submissions we received. Join our ecosystem now! Let’s connect on the platform and accelerate innovation in paints and coatings together.
What are the judges looking for?
- Solutions offering significant impact on performance
- Technology readiness level
- Market size and potential returns
- Value proposition and unique selling points
- Business readiness level
- Fit with AkzoNobel in strategy and ways of working
- Contribution to sustainability
- The “wow factor” – having brand impact and disruption potential
Meet our jury
IS THE CHALLENGE FOR ME?
This is a perfect opportunity to use the vast knowledge and experience of AkzoNobel’s experts and our global footprint to grow and accelerate your startup solution! In our colorful ecosystem, we will explore joint development opportunities that benefit us both. The prize for the final winners is working with AkzoNobel on sustainable business opportunities.
Challenge 2019 timeline
Here’s a quick look at the adventure.
- Join our online platform to start submitting, discussing and enriching ideas
- Experts work with you to enrich your ideas
- We close to new submissions, but community enrichment of solutions continues
- Solutions are evaluated and receive online feedback
- Selected participants will be invited to join the Accelerator Program
- Selected participants work with domain experts to bring solutions to the next level
- The most promising solutions are offered joint development agreements
- AkzoNobel and partners provide guidance in this process
- Scaling of the solution and possible implementation