The Paint the Future Accelerator program is designed to strengthen our collaborative innovation programs by connecting selected startups to AkzoNobels’ global network of people and resources. During a period of up to six months, we work intensively with the startups to validate how we can work together and to develop an investible case that delivers value to all parties.
The Paint the Future Accelerator offers:
- A tailored program to accelerate collaboration between AkzoNobel and the startup
- A dedicated AkzoNobel intrapreneur who will lead the collaborative project and provide access to a global network of our experts
- The opportunity to showcase the results during a Demo Day that will shape the future collaboration
Success cases of Paint The Future
Qlayers: COATING INDUSTRIAL SURFACES WITH NO OVERSPRAY
Qlayers develop innovative robotic solutions to overcome the limitations of manual coating application. AkzoNobel helps Qlayers scale globally through a commercial relationship. Together we are transforming the global industrial coatings market.
Apellix: AERIAL ROBOTIC SYSTEMS THAT CLEAN AND COAT SURFACES
Through a Joint Development Agreement with AkzoNobel, Apellix is developing a spray-painting aerial drone for protective and architectural coatings. By connecting Apellix with our experts, we’re helping them accelerate towards a viable market launch.
Alucha: TURNING WASTE INTO A NATURAL RESOURCE
With their pyrolysis technology, Alucha separates organic from inorganic matter, recovering resources such as oil, metals or minerals. AkzoNobel is acting as a launching customer by replacing virgin raw materials with Alucha’s circular calcium carbonate.
- Startups selected during the collaboration event will receive a letter of intent
- We will set a Demo Day goal to showcase the results of the accelerator and outline the resources required
- Get connected to your experienced intrapreneur and meet the team that will embark on this journey with you
- Together, create a detailed plan on how you’ll deliver the Demo Day goal
- Strengthen your startup’s foundation by joining workshops and masterclasses
- Identify the needs to accelerate the development of your startups’ offerings
- Receive tailored support and get access to AkzoNobels’ resources to advance your solution
- Opportunity to pitch to a broad audience of AkzoNobel stakeholders
- Decide if and how we can collaborate to bring to market and scale the solution
WHAT FOUNDERS SAY
Want to know what it is really like to work with us? In this video startup founders share what made the experience so transformative for their companies
245 SUBMISSIONS FROM ALL AROUND THE WORLD
The initial phase of our 2021 Paint the Future global startup challenge saw an incredible 245 innovative solutions from 62 different countries.
FOUR STARTUPS WIN IN PAINT THE FUTURE CHINA FINALE
Our successful Paint the Future program in China gave a real boost to collaborative innovation, with four startups selected as winners. They now have the opportunity to collaborate with AkzoNobel on their innovative solutions. Find out more about the program and the winners.
AUTOMATED APPLICATION CHALLENGE WINNER QLAYERS
We can make the application of industrial coatings better, safer and more efficient – and we’re doing just that with Qlayers, a winner of the 2019 Paint the Future global startup challenge. Find out more about our collaboration on an automated printing head.