We have five production sites in Brazil. Currently, we concentrate a good part of our production in our factories, but we also have partners for some specific solutions.
We have a variety of products that serve customers from different segments, which brings complexity, but also allows us to test and apply different solutions in our processes. We produce products on a large scale such as our Coral and Sparlack lines, but also customized solutions for the automotive, aerospace, marine, food or general purpose packaging under our Wanda, Sikkens, Resicoat, Interpon and International brands.
We enable our distribution through both our own and outsourced warehouses and we collaborate with partner transportation companies so our products reach customers and distributors. Brazil is a country of continental proportions and relies on a road system. This brings logistical challenges to our distribution, like reaching our customers, balancing cost and managing delivery times. We are also interested in shipping solutions.
Integrated business planning (IBP) is our business planning process. Through this system we measure our commercial product portfolio, generate demand forecast and create product and distribution planning. This results in our future income statement. All these different aspects of our logistical process can always be optimized.
- At Mauá site, we reuse the water recovered from our wastewater treatment plant in our products and processes. We are in the final stage of achieving 100% recovery, which was possible thanks to investments on a new installation of approximately R$ 11 million. We want to keep moving forward to find sludge reuse solutions.
- we are investing more than R$ 200 million to enable the company’s digital environment, focused on our integrated management system.
How can we be more efficient in our processes with your solution?
What we are looking for in your solution
- The Brazil startup challenge focuses on solutions from and for the Brazilian market.
- Process security improvements
- Recovery of industrial effluents
- Process control
- Industry 4.0 applications for process control and increased reliability and productivity
- Flexibility of production line arrangements and lot sizes
- Reduced use of water, volatiles (VOC), waste generation and energy consumption
- Use of renewable energy sources
- Separation / distribution / transport optimizations
- Integration of client – AkzoNobel; supplier – AkzoNobel (for example, demand and inventory sharing)
- Demand forecasting models and production scheduling
Do you have a solution?
Help us to take an active role, in paints and coatings, in the transition to 4.0 industry, in a sustainable and economical way. Let’s work together to do and deliver more!
If you think your idea will help us answer the challenge question, create your account at the “sign up” button and enter the platform. There, click on Brasil Startup Challenge 2020 and select the challenge in this space. After reading the challenge description, just click on “submit” and you will be directed to the registration form.
Do not forget to add this data to your calendar:
- April 28, 2020: Registration closes
- May 22, 2020: You will receive feedback and will be notified if your submission has been selected for the final event!
Thank you! Browse other submissions and participate in discussions. Welcome to the community!Join us