Caring for our legacy
For AkzoNobel, sustainability is a fundamental principle that means empowering people, improving products, processes and packaging to reduce our impact on the planet and consistently innovating to bring sustainable solutions in paints and coatings.
There are still several opportunities to improve the use of material resources and to reduce our carbon footprint across the paint and coatings value chain. We will continue to do our part in the transition to a circular economy, meeting financial and social expectations.
What do we mean by a more sustainable life cycle?
Traditionally, paints and coatings are linear production systems that capture only obvious recycling opportunities.
The transformation to a more sustainable life cycle is not just limited to recycling elements in the chain, but also covers opportunities in alternative sources for our raw materials and expanding the functionality of products after their use. This requires a different mindset to recognize the potential for circular solutions, overcoming legal and practical obstacles to propose new business models.
AkzoNobel has a global mission to sell more and more Eco-Premium solutions, which are products that have better environmental performance. The 20% target set for 2020 was exceeded in 2014 and that number continues to grow.
In addition, we are committed to reducing carbon emissions, for this we have products like Intersleek, a marine antifouling coating that reduces the fuel consumption of ships and does not use biocide.
We want to lead this process, and your solution can contribute to it. To learn more, visit this link.
How can your innovation be applied to our businesses to make them more sustainable?
What we are looking for in your solution
- The Brazil startup challenge focuses on solutions from and for the Brazilian market.
- Your solution cannot be just an idea: it needs to present a clear proof of concept that it is ready to be developed for this purpose.
- Contribute to the life cycle of materials without increasing other environmental impacts such as climate change, biodiversity, toxicity, etc.
- Be an innovative solution that affects one of the following areas:
- Recycled or renewable raw materials;
- Better management (reduction, handling, etc.) of paint and coatings residues or reuse, through recycling or disposal alternatives;
- Packaging (materials and life cycle);
- Carbon footprint management or reduction;
- Positive impact on people’s lives.
Be sure to also think about possible requirements that customers are not yet aware of. Your idea should help push boundaries and exceed customer expectations – let’s explore together!
Do you have a solution?
Help us to take an active role, in paints and coatings, in the transition to the circular economy, in a sustainable and economical way. Let’s work together to do more with less!
What can you see in our value chain that we can not? Did you find a new way to improve resource productivity? Will your solution help us to offer competitive and more sustainable solutions to our customers?
If you think your idea will help us answer the challenge question, create your account at the “sign up” button and enter the platform. There, click on Brasil Startup Challenge 2020 and select the challenge in this space. After reading the challenge description, just click on “submit” and you will be directed to the registration form.
Do not forget to add this dates to your calendar:
- June 19, 2020: Registration closes
- September 2020: You will receive feedback and will be notified if your submission has been selected for the final event!
Thank you! Browse other submissions and participate in discussions. Welcome to the community!Join us